Wisdom Tooth Removal is a necessary procedure, but it is also one of the most traumatic. If you are worried about your dental health, you may consider getting a wisdom tooth extraction. Here are a few things to consider before you make the decision. Many people deal with wisdom tooth pain for years, despite performing the procedure. It is performed with local anesthesia to numb the area and sedation to make the patient more comfortable. The patient is awake throughout the procedure, which usually takes 30 minutes to an hour.
There are four permanent teeth located at the back of your mouth on both sides. The wisdom tooth can result in pain if it does not get a proper area to grow. In that case, wisdom tooth surgery singapore can suggest you remove the wisdom teeth for your relief.
The reason behind the extraction
Wisdom teeth grow inside your mouth between the age of 17 and 26. Just like any other normal molar tooth, wisdom also grows similarly. Many people come to the dentist with painful wisdom teeth that do not get enough space to grow properly. all infected wisdom teeth are caused because:
- It overlaps the next molar for space
- grows at are the wrong angle inside your mouth
- wisdom teeth may grow at the right angle next to the other teeth making the jaw bone painful
- gets trapped inside the jawbone because of growing in the wrong direction
Procedure of extraction
- The dentist will first give local anesthesia or more injections near the extraction sites. This will make the area numb throughout the surgery except when you go.
- The next step is sedation anesthesia is given through the arm that keeps away all the pain from your teeth resulting in a successful extraction surgery. In addition to the local anesthesia, this injection is also given to suppress the extra pain.
- Moreover, general anesthesia is given in inhalation through the patient’s nose or in the arm. After that, the patient loses consciousness, and the surgical team continuous with the medication process, temperature checking of the patient, and the blood pressure level. When the patient wakes up after the extraction process, they do not feel any pain or remember anything regarding the procedure.
- Best dentist for wisdom tooth extraction Singapore makes an incision inside the tissue Gum and exposes the infected wisdom teeth. After that, remove the bone that blocks the passage to the tooth’s root. Gradually the whole procedure is performed, and the infected one is taken out.