Right now, your lawyer is the person who can make your life better. Therefore, it is important to create a good relationship with the person representing you in court. Anyone who’s been through a legal battle knows they need to stay up to date with status reports and events. Otherwise, it will seem that your business is going nowhere and quickly.
To acquire the best legal advice, communicate with your lawyer to get something fruitful.
- First, you need to wait for the progress report mentioned above. Your lawyer is acting on your behalf, and since your name is at stake, you need to know how you are represented. It is always good to behave like a professional at all times.
- Get a court hearing schedule so you can plan. It may negatively reflect you if you consistently fail to appear in court. In addition, the dates must be provided to you on time.
- Expect your lawyer to keep you informed of any decisions made in your case. If you need to file an appeal, you will come prepared when the time is right.
- Always expect your calls to be answered. Of course, your lawyer has other clients to worry about. However, they are willing to fit you into their schedule. If they’re not in the office or can’t answer your cell phone when you call, you need a response at least within a day.
- Make sure you have multiple ways to contact your attorney. There is a fax, telephone, and e-mail. Either way, at least you know that you can get answers to your questions in many different ways. Provide all your contact details and get yours in return. The larger the case, the greater the need for constant communication.
- Create time to meet and discuss your concerns. A competent professional will prepare you if you are asked to speak. As one of the top lawyers in Singapore, The Singapore Lawyer also provides free consultation. Check them out.
- For your part, you must systematize all materials that will serve as evidence of your statement. You may need to sit down with your lawyer to make a to-do list. Important lawsuits require additional work on both sides. If you can develop a system that allows you to get legal documents at any time, do it right away, before the pile of papers piles up.
Set the mode. Create time to talk to each other, do it. You will know that your lawyer will listen to your arguments if you cannot reach him at that time.