There has been a lot of cases where there was problem regarding cleaning of the conveyer belt. There are big industries where there is involvement of lifting and dropping huge things for which conveyer belts are used. In big power plants there were many complaints regarding poor service of conveyer belts. Most of the belt scrapers does not meet the client’s requirements. If you want a reasonable conveyer belt it has to be arranged by a specialized dealer who has service contacts. Even though there is no much work in buying a scraper, you still need to check quality and other factors to assure the smooth running of all other work in the industry.
What to check for when buying a belt scraper?
- Check if the material of the scraper is of good quality or not.
- See if it is useful for the type of work that you do in the industry.
- Check if the belt can handle very large/ heavy weights.
- Is it worth the cost? Or are you just wasting your money for a worthless machine?
- Check for the extra clean-up costs and the maintenance services too.
- There are different types of belt scrapers, know about all the models and choose the right one for you.
- Most commonly used conveyer belts may not be sufficient for you.
Different types of belt cleaning devices
As said earlier, most of the time, the conveyer belts fail due to poor cleaning and maintenance. So let us take a look at what are various types of cleaners that can be used to reduce this problem.
- A primary scraper or cleaner. The lower the belt speed, the lower the cleaner should be placed and vice versa.
- Make sure that the cleaning hand does not get hit by the flow of the material from the discharge.
- Durability is an important aspect too. You don’t want a machine that works less hours than the workers in your industry.
- Secondary scraper.
- Belt brush cleaner.
- Finger scraper.
- Self-adjusting scraper. The best kind and the most time saving one. Even though it might cost a little bit more than the other type of cleaners, it is worth the cost.
Reasons for damage of a conveyer belt
Now that you have decided to buy new belt scrapers, it is also important to know about your responsibility to maintain it in perfect condition you do not want it to fail again. The causes might be condition of the belt, transported material, choice of scraper used or cleaner used, improper installations, increase in maintenance cost or any other reasons. So, it is better if you check for the details as mentioned above before buying.